HASTINGS HOTELS TRAINEE MANAGER PROGRAMME
Start your career journey
Are you passionate and committed to the delivery of excellent customer service? Are you a motivated and enthusiastic individual looking to invest in your personal and professional development? Or are you an inspiring leader looking for a new opportunity to join the industry at such an exciting time?
If so, here at Hastings Hotels, Northern Ireland’s leading hotel group, we have an amazing opportunity for you to apply for our Trainee Manager Programme.
Now in its 6th successful year, the Hastings Trainee Manager Programme represents an enviable opportunity to establish a lasting career with a large independent Hotel Group. The programme aims to identify highly motivated individuals and develop them into future leaders by combining operational and functional support experience, fast-track leadership training and tailored development opportunities throughout our six properties.
The two-year development programme rewards drive and determination, which involves professional hands-on experience combined with on-the-job cross-training and development in functional areas across the 6 hotels throughout the Group. In return you will receive a customised career path geared towards your long-term career goals, an effective performance review after each rotation and a personal development plan which will equip you with the knowledge and experience required to transform you into a Hastings future manager.
Your development would be continuously supported via the bespoke Manager Ambassadors Programme (MAP) which has been designed specifically for Hastings and is delivered in association with Ulster University. This is a module based programme which is delivered from January to September, and which upon successful completion, would see you graduating with a Diploma from the University. During your programme you will be allocated a Mentor – who will coach and support you throughout.
What you can expect from the programme?
• An opportunity to work in all aspects of hospitality by completing 6 rotations in our Food & Beverage departments, Spa, Housekeeping, Front Office and General Operations across our 6 properties.
• We have partnered with Titanic Belfast for this programme and Trainees will experience a unique opportunity to complete one of their rotations at this world leading visitor attraction.
• Continuous guidance under the leadership, coaching and mentoring of the experienced senior management team at each property.
• To offer a professional hands-on approach, with particular emphasis on customer service in each of your training placements.
• Take responsibility for developing your knowledge and skills in each programme placement.
• Ensure the Hastings standards of service are understood and always delivered.
• Support and motivate team members to enable them to provide exceptional customer service.
• Support operational managers achieve departmental objectives.
• To be fully conversant with our culture, working practices and product knowledge.
Successful completion would then see you equipped with key skills to transfer permanently to one of our six hotels and competently perform in a Management position with the ability to manage and mentor other team members.
How to Apply?
If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for and feel you have the necessary qualities required to succeed with the Hastings Group, then we want to hear from you!
• Applicants must be educated to GCSE level or the equivalent with Grades A-C in English and Maths and ideally will hold a third level qualification.
• Successful candidates would ideally be working within the hospitality sector in a customer facing role.
The Hasting Trainee Manager Programme is open to everyone, both existing staff seeking career advancement or seeking a management career with the Hastings Group.
To apply and for more information please click here to visit our Vacancies page where you can search for "Trainee Manager".