COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
At Hastings Hotels we use your data collected in the following ways:-
- Bookings: We use your personal information to administer your online booking.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post or by phone, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this, for example, we may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- Market research: We may ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our services.
- When you make a reservation with us, we will send a booking confirmation by email. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- If you have provided us with your email address at some point over the past 12 months we might use this email address to target you with specific offers on facebook or other sites that allow retargeting services
- Based on the information you share with us, offers may be shown to you on third-party websites.
Hastings Hotels uses a range of third parties to provide services – either directly or indirectly. Where relevant, these companies are required to comply with our data privacy and information security standards when handling Personal data and we aim that they do not compromise your Personal data and information. We may share your Personal data and information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use.
If a user contacts Hastings Hotel Group with a general enquiry, we may require your contact details to progress your query. We will only use these details to fulfil your request, and these details will not be passed to third parties for any other purpose.
Publicity and Third Party Cookies: For the purpose of using certain functions, third party suppliers’ cookies are used on the Hastings Hotels website (e.g. cookies comprising sharing devices on social media on flight destinations and promotional pages). The website also contains the cookies of firms that carry out advert tracking.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES